Olivia Eight Month Highlights
1. Olivia loves reading books and listening to audiobooks. Right now, her favorite book is called, "Colors". It was given to Olivia by Dr. Bagnell at her six month check up. We read it multiple times a day!
2. Olivia ate Chick-fil-a chicken, ice cream, and waffle fries for the very first time. It was not all in one sitting, but she is learning to eat food on her own. I always have to remind her to "chew and swallow", because she gets too much food in her mouth at one time.
3. While Michelle was visiting us, she was trying to teach Olivia her ABC's. Michelle also decided to work on some phonics with Olivia as well. Olivia's favorite song is called, Phonics Song 2 on YouTube. Olivia can watch is over and over again. As a result, we all have it memorized after just two weeks of listening to this song!
4. Olivia is learning to turn the pages when we read books. Her first instinct is to put books in her mouth. On a regular basis, I have to remind her that we do not eat books. However, it is exciting to watch her learn how to do something new and be able to turn the pages all by herself!
5. Olivia now eats Cheerios and she loves them! She is so independent and gets very excited when she gets to feed herself.
6. Olivia loves playing with blocks. Either Jon or myself, build her tall towers which she loves to knock down to the ground.
7. Olivia is ticklish! She is ticklish under her arms, on her hip, and on her belly. It's so hard to keep myself from tickling her all the time, because I love to hear her laugh.
8. Please pray for us and Olivia. Pray that God will get a hold of her heart at an early age. Pray that we will be wise as we raise her in the fear of the Lord.