Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Some Christmas Perspective


Last night, I went out to do some Christmas shopping after I got off work from Weight Watchers. It was one of the most frustrating shopping trips I have ever had! My mission was to finish buying Jon's Christmas presents. You see what I wanted to get Jon for Christmas didn't work out, so I was forced to get something else. However, I didn't know what that "something else" would be.

Giving gifts is one of my love languages. When I buy a present for someone, I want them to know how much I love them when they open their present. However, last night I could not decide what I should get for Jon! I was not satisfied with the decisions I made, but I didn't know what else to get him.

Not only that, but I lost sleep over it as well. I know that you are all thinking that I should not let gifts get to me like this and you are probably right. However, when it is my love language that it easier said than done. 

When I was a kid, my Mom would always reassured me that things would look better in the morning after I had gotten some sleep. This is true this morning in this situation as well!

Maybe you have an attitude similar to mine. Let me help put things into perspective for you and me!

Christmas is about Jesus. He IS the reason for this season.

In the gospel of Luke it says, "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11)

I know that this is a busy time of year and we all have a lot of things to do. But don't let that stop you from remembering the reason we celebrate Christmas.

Are you thankful for this truth today?

If so, take some time (not a lot of time, because I know you don't have it) away from the Christmas chaos and thank God for sending His Son to Earth. Thank Him that we have a reason to celebrate this Christmas holiday! Ask Him to help you to have the right attitude and perspective about this time of year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...