Friday, December 14, 2012

Laughter is the Best Medicine


Olivia is starting to laugh and it is one of the most beautiful noises that I have ever heard!! After weeks of hearing her cry, because that was the only form of communication she had, it is exciting to watch/listen to her language develop! She coos and makes wonderful baby sounds. However, nothing fills my heart with more joy than hearing Olivia's laugh!

Speaking of laughter, I wanted to share with you one of the cutest things Olivia did last night!

As you know, I work from home. As a result, I do not get to hold and snuggle with Olivia throughout the day, because I need to work. However, after I am done with my work day I use the time during the evenings to take advantage of all the snuggles and cuddles that she is willing to give me.

This week, I have been an especially needy Mommy and I have not wanted to put her down. I am trying to enjoy Olivia as much as I can while she is still this small!

So, last night I decided to rock Olivia to sleep and let her sleep in my arms. I told Jon a couple times that I needed to go lay her down, so that I could clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes. However, I just could not/would not go lay her down. I needed to hold her.

Even though Jon's been sick he went into the kitchen to wash the dishes for me, so that I could focus on Olivia. I followed Jon into the kitchen so that we could talk while he washed the dishes and I held Olivia.

Before we knew it, Olivia was laughing in her sleep! She was sleeping in my arms and laughing! I busted out in laughter myself, because I had never seen or heard her do this before. Jon came over to see what was so funny. When he realized what was going on, he started laughing himself! Personally, I want to know what it was Olivia was dreaming about, because it must have been pretty funny to make herself laugh out loud like that!

I am so thankful that the Lord has given Olivia to us for this time! She is such a wonderful blessing to us! I pray that the sounds of laughter will fill our home for many more years to come!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...