Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Reflections

source

Preface: I don't normally write about politics, because I don't know much about it. These are simple reflections that I wanted to write out for myself. I hope and pray that they encourage you this morning.

Last night, President Obama was re-elected. My Facebook and Twitter feeds were filled with posts of all kinds of reactions and responses. Some people were excited and bragging about their victory. Others were so mad that they want to move to Canada. I'm not sure that either candidate was the "perfect" choice.

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord SEATED on a throne..." Isaiah 6:1

For me, the most important thing to remember is that God is on His throne and in control. I am so thankful that this fact never changes! God was in control yesterday and He is still in control today.

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” - Esther 4:14

Next, this past Sunday my Pastor preached a sermon called, Sitting in the Gate of Sodom. Pastor Keith shared about how we as Christians need to live our lives based on Biblical principles. He said that it's time for Christians to stop taking a passive approach to sin and that revival needs to start with us. 

Pastor Keith reminded me that it is important for Jon and I to lead our family in righteousness. As many of you know, Jon and I long to be missionaries overseas and we have been frustrated that God has not shown us where we should go yet. However, as my heart breaks for the state of my own country I can't help but wonder if God wants us to stay here for such a time as this.

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." - 1 Timothy 2:1-2

Finally, it's critical to remember that our President is not our spiritual leader. That being said, we must pray for our President, whether we like him or not. I hope that you will join me and committ to praying for our country and President Obama as he serves another four year term.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...