Friday, October 7, 2011

Flashback Friday: X-Men First Class Date Night

Jon and I had this date night a couple of weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to blogging about it! I have tried to be more intentional about planning fun date nights with Jon at least once a month. We both have busy schedules and I want to be able to make the most out of the time that we get to spend together. Not to mention I love dating my man! I also really enjoy planning date nights and sharing them with you so here we go.

{Inspiration}
The inspiration for this date night came from the movie X-Men First Class. Jon bought this movie a few weeks ago, however we hadn't even taken it out of the packaging yet! I thought that this would be a great theme for an at home date night. I looked at The Dating Divas website for ideas, but they did not have a superhero x-men date...bummer! I ended up making up this date all by myself.

{The Invite}
I sent the invite via email, because Jon was at work. I took several different invitation ideas that I found on Pinterest and adapted them to meet my needs.

{Dinner}
The theme of the even was X-Men, so for dinner we made a "mutant" meal. What exactly is that? Well I searched through my pantry until I found something to transform into dinner. We had pasta, sauce, and pizza dough bread sticks.

I also made Crystal Light to give us an extra dose of energy!

I used this recipe and adapted it to make the pizza bread sticks.

They turned out great!

I work hard to make dinner while Jon finished up his work.

The Iceman was even nice enough to chill our glasses for us.

After Jon got home from work we were able to kick off our night with dinner!

{Art Project}
Before we watched the movie I thought is would be fun if we each drew the #1 superhero power we wish we had.

If I could have any superhero power it would be to FLY!

If Jon could have any superhero power, it would be to control the weather!

{The Movie}
We had a great date night and we both really enjoyed this movie!!


Visit Lauren for more flashbacks.

1 comment:

-J.Darling said...

LOVE that movie - and love your cute date ideas! My Sailor and I are overdue for one - especially since he's going to be deployed soon. Once that happens, no contact for 90+ Days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...