Friday, September 9, 2011

NFL Date Night

I have been excited about this date night since the NFL lockout ended!! For over a year I have been planning on having a special football themed date night for Jon and I to help kick off the first night of the NFL’s regular season. Little did I know that it would end up being the same week that I was super busy at work with a project!! Perfect timing!
The day for our date night finally arrived and I had nothing planned! AH! I am not a perfect wife. I have good intentions, but sometimes I am not able to execute my plans like I wish I could. I needed help!! I went to the Dating Divas website to find a quick and cheap date that I could get ready for Jon and I in just a few hours. I am happy to say that I was able to find exactly what I needed. It found a date idea that was perfect for us called, A Date That Scores.
The only real challenge that presented itself as I was planning our date night was: what are we going to have for dinner? I have not been to the grocery store in several weeks, which made it hard to figure out what we were going to eat on date night. I do not like eating out, so I wanted to find a more creative way to eat at home! Originally, when I was planning this date, I thought we needed to eat fun, fall, football foods for dinner. I did my best to stick with my original plan and I think it turned out great!
Here is a breakdown of our date if you would like to do this yourself. Like I said before, this idea came from the Dating Divas, I just adore these ladies!

The Tickets
First NFL Regular Season Game of 2011: New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers
Kick-off: Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 7:30pm
To get the Dating Divas Red Tickets, click the link. 

Dinner
This date came together at the last minute, so after I got off work and went to Wal-Mart to buy a few things I needed for dinner. After I got home Jon and I made dinner together before the game started!
Our appetizers

Hot Dogs and Baked Beans for Dinner


The Treats
 I bought the treats for the game at Wal-Mart too. Wal-Mart has so much variety that it can be impossible to choose, but I went straight for Jon’s favorites knowing that he would enjoy those treats the most!

The Half-Time Show
#1 Finger Football
During half-time we had fun making and playing finger football!





The Kissing Cam
Before the game even started I told my husband that he could give me a kiss every time someone scored a touchdown. Even though we did not make the jumbotron, each kiss was just as good!
Well, let me tell you…this date was easy, budget friendly and fun! Thank you to the Dating Divas for all of your great ideas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...