Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Reading

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my lunch breaks. I want to use the hour that I am given wisely, but I also want to be able to have a break from my work!

Yesterday, I joined GodsRadioGirl's book club on Facebook. GodsRadioGirl is really Lisa Williams from the K-LOVE Morning Show. This summer Lisa is inviting people to read The Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury with her. There are five books in the series: 1. Redemption, 2. Remember, 3. Return, 4. Rejoice, and 5. Reunion.

I considered buying the first book of the series online, but instead I decided that I would try to get it from the Public Library.

Today, on my lunch break I headed down to the Public Library to get a library card and find Redemption. I have never been to the library in this town, so I had a little trouble finding it. Then, when I got there I had a little trouble finding the book. However, my mission was accomplished as I filled out the paperwork for my library card and checked out my book!

This is the book I checked out today!

Me and my book

I was sad that I did not have enough time to start reading. As soon as I get off work from Weight Watchers I am going to go home and start reading it!

This is my first time to ever be apart of a book club! I have never read anything by Karen Kingsbury, I think this is going to be good! I am really excited to start this book and talk about it with others! This also means that I have the perfect lunch activity...reading!!

Click here, if you would like to join GodsRadioGirl's book club and read The Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury this summer.

What books are you going to tackle this summer?

3 comments:

Danielle Hawes said...

Great series. There are a few that follow it too. The Fame series, then the Sunrise Series. Then the Above the Line series which has the same characters. Then you can read Unlocked, which is referenced in the Above the Line series. After that is the Bailey Flanigan series. Can you tell I am a KK fan? ENJOY!

Meagan Joye said...

Yay!! I got a library card a few weeks ago and have had so much fun! I am in the Above The Line series right now and LOOVE IT! I had never read KK either but her books have been the perfect read! I'll probably be checking out that book once you return it because I'm in the last book of my series!

Chelle said...

Cool Jen! I think being a part of a book club is perfect for you. I always wanted to do that. I guess in a way I joined one. It's not quite the same, but the American church I attend has a monthly Aplogia where they read a deep thinking Christian book and discuss it. I got the book this time because it looked like something I'd enjoy even though I don't usually take the time to read educational books. So this is perfect motivation for me to read something substantial, which I want to do, but I just need outside motivation. I think you'll enjoy those books. The one I am reading is called, Saving Leonardo: A Call to Resist the Secular Assualt on Mind, Morals, and Meaning. I deals with art, hence my interest. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...