Monday, June 20, 2011

Pieces of Our Weekend, III

We had an awesome, but busy weekend. Here are just a few of the highlights!

After work on Friday night Jon and I rode to Dallas with our friends Russell & Ginger. Our mission was to get some good, authentic, Chinese food! We all decided that we would go to Plano, TX. After a long drive, we finally made it to Little Sichuan. The food was so good! It was awesome to be surrounded by Asians! What can I say, we miss China!

We got home really late Saturday morning around 1 am. I tried to sleep as much as I could before I had to get up to lead my very first Weight Watchers meeting. If you want to read more about that, click here.
Me and my first flip chart

That afternoon, Jon got off work early, so that we could attend Matt & Annie's wedding! This wedding was more like a worship service to the Lord. I am so blessed to know these two people who love the Lord so much. It was a beautiful wedding, not just because of the decorations. But the Lord was honored in such an incredible way, that you could not help but feel His presence in that sanctuary!
Matt & Annie's Wedding Party

Sunday was Father's Day! We just want to wish both of our Father's a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! We are so blessed to have Dads like you! In honor of Father's Day here are some cute baby pictures of us and our Dads.
Here is a picture of Jon and his parents!

Me and my Daddy!

Sunday morning was attended church like we normally do. We watched this hilarious YouTube video, because it was Father's Day. If you have not seen it you need to stop right now and watch it!



When we tried to leave church our car would not start. Our friend, Larry, gave us a jump. We drove straight to an O'Reilly's to see if it was the battery or the alternator. We turned off the car and it would not start again. As it turns out our battery was complete dead. We had to buy another one and replace it before we could go anywhere.

Jon working hard on the car

I just want you to know that I have an amazing husband who stood in the 100 degree weather patiently working to get the old battery out. The entire process took longer than we anticipated, but we tried to have good attitudes about it. I guess God was just trying to exercise our faith to help us learn to trust Him a little bit more than we did the day before.

1 comment:

mrsmarkdave said...

Battery - this happened to me just a few weeks ago. Lucky for me - Dave and I had switched cars for the evening. And, I happened to be less than a mile away from where he was.
Lucky for Dave - it wasn't 100 degrees when he was struggling with it :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...