Happy New Year!! It has been quite a Christmas vacation! If I tried to explain it in words it would take far too long, so instead I have decided to tell just the highlights and pictures.
1. Rachel flew into Dallas on our anniversary which was December 17th.
2. Rachel, Jon, and I began our drive on December 22nd to Virginia to spend Christmas with Kyle & Teresa. We drove through 7 states, changed time zones once, stopped for gas often, and ate a lot of junk food. Then we spent the night in a Wal-mart parking lot and made it to Virginia by the next morning on December 23rd.
3. On Christmas Eve, Kyle and Teresa took us to play frisbee golf, which is their favorite free pastime. Kyle was very good at frisbee golf and I am sure he has practiced it a lot. However he was patient to teach us how to play.
4. The next thing we did on Christmas Eve was that Kyle took us on a tour of his aircraft carrier the U.S.S. Carl Vinson. He took us all over the ship, even up to the flight deck. The flight deck was the best part except for the fact that it was freezing cold outside.
5. Lots and lots of yummy food. We had waffles, pancakes, Chinese food, ham, stuffing, cookies and ice cream, Kyle's homemade BBQ sauce, and much more.
6. Christmas Day. Food, presents, Mario Kart Racing on the Wii, watching movies and more.
7. Visiting Washington D.C.
8. Kyle's BBQ sauce with chicken
9. The car breaking down just outside of Monroe, La. We ended up staying in a Motel 6, because they could not fix our car until the next morning. Thanks for your help Dad!!
10. Watching LOST until we were dreaming about it.
11. Spending New Years Day with the Hall's and Maglott's.
12. Not having water in Married Student housing for over 24 hours. Praise the Lord that Papa John's delivers!!