Monday, May 4, 2009

Pushing through what is comfortable

I have reached the point in my weight loss where I have become comfortable with myself. This is the most comfortable I have been in years!! I am light years from where I was just a short few months ago. I like the way I feel and look, but I feel as if I am approaching what might be the hardest part of my weight loss, pushing past comfortable and refusing to settle. Most of my life I have been an overweight woman. However at the beginning of this journey I decided that I did not want that anymore. My goal is to be within a healthy weight range by the end of this year. I will continue to stick to the Weight Watchers program, because I KNOW it works. It has worked and it will continue to work for me.
Also, a friend and I talked about Weight Watchers yesterday and at one point she said that she admired my discipline. I was shocked! She said I have been an encouragement to her in other areas of her life. Wow! God is awesome. It was just what I needed to hear and it is conversations like that one, that are going to help me to continue and not give up. God always knows just what we need. It is amazing to see God working through something that I once was so ashamed of!

10 comments:

Anna Hamblin Reyes said...

likes this.

Ashley Frank Greenwald said...

You looked great at graduation! I don't see you too often on campus and I definitely noticed how great you look - keep it up!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Sarah Hadaller said...

it is a hard thing sometimes, but just remember you can do it, and have faith, and you will reach your goal for sure!

Amanda Smith said...

I am so proud of you friend, you are awesome! I know you can do it! Love you!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Sarah and Amanda! I needed the encouragement and I am excited to continue working to reach my goal.

Shannon Ripp said...

you're doing awesome! i'm excited for you that you realize the next phase may be the hardest. that's a huge step to succeeding! what you want is always just outside your comfort zone! congratulations, jennifer!

Sarah Ellis said...

I'm so proud of you Jen!!! Keep up the good work:)
And congrats on getting into grad school!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Wendy Busby Krout said...

push thru...stay with the lifestyle of health and don't ever settle...you are an encouragement to me....

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Shannon.

Thanks Sarah!! I will do my best to keep up the good work. I am excited for what God is doing right now.

Thanks Wendy. I am glad that I can be an encouragement to people. This is not easy, but God is teaching me so much. Pray for me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...