Monday, May 11, 2009

A Day Redeemed

I have had such an unusual Monday. You see I was summoned for Jury Duty this morning. I had to report to the Gregg County Court house at 9:00 am. I couldn't wait. This was my first time to be called for jury duty and I could not be happier. It was a very long process, but by early afternoon I was put on a jury of a civil case. I am officially a juror. I know I am strange, but I am really looking forward to going through the process of being a juror. After that I did not think things could get any better, but I was very wrong.

I was dismissed for the day from court and came home to have some lunch. During lunch I found out that I have been accepted to the Master's program at LeTourneau!! I started the application process a few weeks ago, but I was not expecting the decision to come today. It was a nice surprise... Thanks Anna!! I will be earning Master's in Education in Curriculum and Instruction (if all the wrinkles get ironed out, nothing is for sure yet).

You see this day is a very significant day in my life, one that is usually remembered with many tears. Yet it is amazing to see how God has brought me such joy at just the right time. God is good.

10 comments:

Anna Hamblin Reyes said...

likes this.

Rebecca Kreft said...

Hurray!!!

Ginger Mackey Moore said...

Was there any question that you would be accepted? None in my mind!

Sarah Hadaller said...

ooooh what kind of civil case? I know they probably said don't talk about it huh... :O) Just curious! We do civil cases at my work. And congrats on school!

Debbie Dyk said...

Yes, congratulations!

Heidi Anderson Dyk said...

YAY! Congrats on getting into the program! I was on jury for a criminal case a few weeks ago. Hope you had fun!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Everyone!! I am not supposed to talk about it, maybe when it is over I will let you know what kind of case it was.

Ruby O. Keith said...

hey! congrats and i wanted jury duty too!

Karen Hubbell Walton said...

Jennifer, you don't know how much we have in common....if we could talk about it....if you get what I am saying..... Good luck, enjoy the experience and don't be afraid to say what you are thinking, excellent chance someone else is thinking the same thing but doesn't dare say it.

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Ruby! I wanted Jury Duty too!! I even have to go back tomorrow which is exciting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...