Monday, April 27, 2009

school, school, school, school, school,

school, school, school, school…..as you might have noticed, Jon and I have school on the brain.

Jon is almost done with school for this Spring semester, with this week being finals week. He has taken more tests this last week then I want to think about. He has three tests just today! Please pray for him as he finishes up this semester and moves right into the Summer semester. He is amazing and persevering to the end. This time next year he will be all done with school and getting ready to graduate. We cannot believe how time has gone by so quickly.

I have school on the brain for a completely different reason. I am not in school, but I hope to be soon. I am in the process of applying for a Master’s degree program here at LeTourneau University. It would be a Master’s in Education specializing in Curriculum and Instruction. There are many reasons why I want to do this, which I can get into if you ask me about it. However, there are also many factors that go into me starting my Master’s program. Please pray for me. I want the Lord to carry out His will in my life and if this is it that’s great! Pray that I would not simply do what I feel like doing and seek God.

We love and miss you all!!




4 comments:

Rheannon VanCleef said...

Good luck! I know how hard a decision it can be to go back to school when you have already spent do much time on your first degree! I'm not even done yet and I know I am going to have to go back soon after we move back home for my master's in teaching. What is making you consider the program you are looking into?

The Newsham's said...

Thanks! I am really trying to take my time while making this decision. LeTourneau University is a Christian school, which was important to me. The Master's program is all online and you can be finished in 18 months. It is only 30 credits, I think. It is perfect for working adults!! Which is good, because I need to work. I want the curriculum & ... See Moreinstruction part of it, because I don't think I want to be in a classroom. I want to develop and choose the curriculum.

This is the website link it you want to check it out
http://adults.letu.edu/master-education.asp

Michelle J. McMartin said...

I can see why you chose that one. It is nice that they include the practical side with the theory. I know you are all about that. Do you already have to be a certified teacher to take this program? Just curious. It kinda sounded that way from the description. I am very excited for you though and you are getting me excited at the thought of studying again.

The Newsham's said...

Nope!! Which is another reason for me to do it, because I am not a certified teacher. Originally that was required for the three different MEd options, but they decided to make the C & I open to those who are not certified teachers. What do you want to study?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...