Monday, April 6, 2009

Halfway There!!

When you are a glass is half empty kind of girl saying that you are halfway to reaching something is not very exciting. This is because you think at all the things that you still have to accomplish to get to your goal. But I am learning and changing and I refuse to think that way anymore. This is the first time I could not be more proud of what I have accomplished and excited for what is to come.

Tonight I was finally able to sit down with my Weight Watchers leader Linda and set a goal weight. I have dreamed about what I would say and she helped talk me through setting something very reasonable. With that said I am happy to say that I am halfway to my goal weight!! I can't believe it!! I have lost 40 pounds and 3 pants sizes in this time!!  

Honestly I don't even know what I will look like when this journey comes to an end, but I am excited for the woman I am becoming. I have worked for hard these last few months to change the way I treat my body and take care of myself. I know that this is a journey that I would not be surviving without the Lord.

I have to be honest and celebrate, because it is this kind of stuff that keeps me on track. Please pray for me that I would have perseverance, strength, and the "want power" to finish this race strong.  

9 comments:

The Dyk Family said...

Yay! Good for you, Jen! That's wonderful!

Amanda Smith said...

I'm praying for you Jen... I know you can do it! You are awesome and God is faithful! I love you and am behind you as always. :)

Karen Hubbell Walton said...

I like to hear the glass is half full kind of attitude. I know someone else that could use it.... I love you and keep up the good work.

Wendy Busby Krout said...

woohoo...you can do it...finish strong but remember to celebrate along the way...

The Newsham's said...

Thanks all of you. I will continue to celebrate along the way and try to have a glass is half full kind of attitude!!

Anna Hamblin Reyes said...

Okay, so this is really amazing!!! I am so confident that you're going to make it to your goal!

Michelle J. McMartin said...

You already know how proud I am of you and how much respect I have for you. But I guess it never hurts to remind you! :)

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Anna!!

Thanks Michelle!! I just figured I would include you on the note anyway.

Shannon Ripp said...

Congratulations! You're gonna rock it! It is very exciting and you've got a great attitude about it! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...