Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a month...

Let me just start by saying that this has been quite a month I had a birthday, I thought I lost my brother, I flew a plane, and I continue to lose weight with the help of Weight Watchers.

On Friday my Dad called to let me know that Jake had been missing since Thursday at 4:00pm. By Sunday we were filing a “missing person’s report”, because we have not seen or heard from him at all. Thankfully last night he called my brother Kyle, and then everyone else. I talked to him last night and I firmly believe that the Lord is leading his steps. Your prayers were with him and he acknowledged that. He has decided to join the Army and just feels like it is time to get out on his own. He didn't even think people would be worried about him. I am so proud of him and what he has decided to do. God is with him.

In the midst of all of the chaos with Jake, Jon took me flying on Saturday morning. It was awesome!! I could not be more proud of my husband and his ability to help me understand how to fly the plane. I am so thankful to have him in my life. I didn’t fly the plane very well, but I did the best I could for my first time. Towards the end I needed some air, because I started to feel sick, but I still had an awesome time!! Thanks Jon!!

Yesterday, before I found out about Jake, I went to my Weight Watchers meeting. Now let me just put it out there that the last three weeks have been frustrating, I haven’t even lost 1 pound!! But this week I lost 5 pounds!! I am continuing to stick with it and I know that I can do this, because I am doing it. I am continuing to stick with the Weight Watchers plan and it is working.

The Lord has been good to me, even in the hard times, and it is an honor to share these things with you and to give Him glory. God is at work and it is exciting!! Praise the Lord!!





This is me at my birthday lunch with the ladies I work with!!

1 comment:

bahner.stephen said...

Jen, Awesome job on your weight loss!!! =) Keep with it. It's tough, but totally worth the benefits and the freedom of mind, body, & spirit it will bring. =)
Glad to hear your bro is getting some direction & structure by joining the army. It will be good for him--tough, but good. =)
Unfortunately, I found out that I won't be coming down to your area this year. The people that I was going to photograph decided to get a local photographer in Houston (which I actually think is probably a better idea in terms of budget). I am super bummed though, that I won't be able to say hi to you guys in person.
Thanks for doing this blog thing too. I just woke up this morning and thought..hmm..I wonder how Jen & Jon are doing. It was really nice seeing what's going on in your guy's lives. I pray that God will keep you to close, give you determination, perseverance , love, joy, and peace. =)

Cheerio my friends across the nation. Tell Jon I said hi, and that it's awesome that he's a pilot now (not that he wasn't before, but you know). =)

-Stephen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...