Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10% Healthier!!

I finally reached my 10% goal with Weight Watchers last night!!! God is so faithful!! I had a breaking point a while back where I told God I could not do this without Him and it has been so true. It has brought us closer together and I am learning to lean on Him more then ever. I will try to describe to you what an accomplishment this is for me. A little over 3 months ago my doctor told me that I was border line high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He told me to diet and exercise for three months. At the end of three months I would come back and see him to decide where we would go from here.

I am a WebMD junkie and so I got on their website to do some research. Everything that I read said that the doctor gives you three months to get things under control and if you cannot do that then they will put you on medicine. I did not want to be on medicine for the rest of my life. And besides that most of these medicines only treat symptoms, they do not make the actual problem go away.

The best thing I have done for myself in a very long time has been that I joined Weight Watchers. It has taken me three months, but I reached my 10% weight loss goal last night. Overall I have lost a total 23.6 pounds. I am losing weight and I am determined to make sure I am healthy. Best of all my cholesteral is down and so is my blood pressure. I have helped to make myself a healthier person!! I did it!! I could not have done it with out God and Jon. He has been the most amazing husband in this time and I just don't understand why he loves me so much, but he does. Thank you!!

What's next you might be thinking? Well I am going to set another goal to lose another 10% of my body weight. I have another doctor's appointment in April and I want his jaw to drop when he sees even less of me in three months. I am going to stick with Weight Watchers and continue to do my best. Thank you if you have been praying for me. Please continue to pray for me!! I know that God is the one who is with me and helping me to accomplish these goals. Pray that I would be built up by Him and humble enough to admit when I need help.

Love you all!!

16 comments:

Anna Hamblin Reyes said...

Woohoo! It's a great accomplishment!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks Anna!! I can't wait to celebrate when you reach your 10%. We can do this!!

Rheannon VanCleef said...

Congrats Jen! Way to go! Keep it up, I have a lot of friends up here in Weight Watchers and I have heard nothing but good things about their program.

The Newsham's said...

Thank you!! I am glad to hear that others like the program as well, because I have been very pleased with Weight Watchers. It's nice not to be alone.

Amanda Devena said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! =) im so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss you! how are you doing?

Rachel Newsham said...

Congratulations! That must feel really nice to have accomplished that goal! I miss you :)!

The Newsham's said...

Amanda: Thanks! I am excited for me too!! I am doing well busy with work and things at church. Overall I am just extremely thankful right now for where God has brought us.

Rachel: Thank you. It does feel awesome! It is just like my struggle to become a better Mario Kart racer. I miss you lots too!! Love you!!

Wendy Busby Krout said...

woohoo

The Newsham's said...

I know!! YAY!!

Toni Hammer said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! This makes me so happy!!! Way to go Jen! I love you!

Debbie Dyk said...

Congratulations, Jen! God is so faithful. Keep looking to Him. :) Love you!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks!! It makes me happy too!! It was hard work, but as my doctor said, "hard work never killed anyone". I love you too!! How have you been!?

Danielle Hawes said...

AWESOME!! I am doing WW too! It's a great program!! GOOD JOB!

The Newsham's said...

Debbie - Thanks! God has been with me the whole way and I know that I would not be able to do it without Him.

Danielle - That is awesome that you are doing WW!! I love the program. Thanks for the encouragement and support.

Joanna Call said...

Congrats! That is awesome and I'm so proud of you!

The Newsham's said...

Thanks!! I am trying to begin working out too, but I just hate exercising. Oh well I have to do it : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...