Friday, July 25, 2008

Our Portland Wedding Adventure

Hello Friends and Family!!

Jon and I are back from our Portland Wedding Adventure (that is what I am calling it at least). I flew out Tuesday, July 8th so that I could go to Kyle (my brother) and Teresa's wedding. I was in Portland for 2 days before my Mom drove me to Cathlamet so that I could go to Teresa's Bachelorette party and to help out with any last minute wedding details. There was so much to be done, that we were up by 7am to make sure that we had enough time to do everything we needed to. The decorations had to be put together and the cars had to be set up in the front yard. I was so thankful that I had a chance to come up early to help out. Not to mention that I have not seen Kyle and Teresa since I got married in December 2006, so it was good to spend some time with them.

The wedding itself was amazing!! There colors were navy blue and white. There was a small blue sailboat on every table in the reception area. Instead of a unity candle they did a sand ceremony with blue and white sand. The day of the wedding was incredibly warm, but we were in Cathlamet, Washington which provided us with the most amazing scenery. They were married by 3:50pm and then is was time to get out of the sun and into the shade (which there wasn't much of until later that night).


The scene in front of Teresa's house the day of the wedding!!

I was so excited to see that there ceremony was focused on God and to see that it is Him that they want to live for as a couple. It was encouraging to know that they are dedicated to the Lord.

Jon flew up Tuesday, July 15th to meet me in Portland, because we were both going to be in a wedding on the 19th for Brittany and Nate. Jon was a groomsman and I a bridesmaid. I am glad that we planned to be there a little bit before the wedding so that we were able to hang-out with and see Nate and Brittany before we left to come back to Texas. It was a sweet time of helping, and encouraging them as they prepared to enter into a marriage union. I am so thankful to have been able to be apart of their special day. I love The Nakasones!! And one of the best parts was that Nate's mom kept telling us all to come and visit Hawaii and that we could stay with her when we come!! How fun would that be!?

Other then all of the exciting wedding stuff, if was good to be back in Portland with friends and family I have missed so much. Michelle and I went and got haircuts together which is always fun. I saw Stephen Bahner for the first time since her became a husband and father. I was able to go to Red Robin with all the friends I love. We at Thai food and got to see Nate Watkins as well. I was able to go see Lisa's new cubicle at Multnomah which was bigger then I thought it would be. I went to Applebees as usual with Amanda Smith. And the best part (other then seeing my brother get married) was talking to my Dad about GOD!!

I have to admit that our trip was draining. I had a lot of deep conversations with several people, you know who you are ; ). And though the conversations very great it just took a lot out of me. I am so glad to be able to hear about people's lives and what is going on with them. I hope and pray that God's work was done through me on this trip.

I will put up pictures soon so that you all can see some of my trip. I loved my time there so much I have already made an iPhoto book of my trip! I love you all and I hope you are well.

2 comments:

Lisa Carol Hezmalhalch said...

Yeah for my big fat cube!

Lisa Carol Hezmalhalch said...

I mean, and yeah for your trip! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...