Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jen's First Haircut!!

I remember that my first haircut took place on a Barbie doll. I would cut a little bit from the right and a little from the left. Slowly each side began to rise higher and higher on Barbie's head until she looked like a G.I. Jane look a like doll. Poor Barbie, but I guess it is better that I started on an inanimate object then anything else.

Today after dinner Jon asked me if I would cut his hair. I warned him that I have never cut anyone's hair, but of course he said that was fine. So we set everything up and I cut his hair on the patio, because I didn't want hair all over my house. I started with the scissors but that was not going well and taking too long according to Jon. So then I switched to the hair razor (or whatever it is called). That was much faster!

When it came to cutting the back and next to his ears it was hard to get everything even, but I did my best : ). Atleast I am married to a man who trusts me and is willing to walk me through what I need to do to get his hair cut well.


Before



After

7 comments:

Grace Schmidt said...

yeah!! Good job Jennifer!!! :)

Lisa Carol Hezmalhalch said...

Good job! I can't help but think that this reminds me of the time I cut Jon's hair and gave him layers when it was long. Weird memories...I miss you guys!!!

Wendy Busby Krout said...

good job...I was remembering when Jon wore his hair in a ponytail....I miss you guys too

Michelle J. McMartin said...

Wow, he does kinda looks like G.I. Jane. ; ) Seriously though, you did a great job, I am very impressed, and you do have a great husband who is so laid-back and patient, and who now has a really great haircut!

Michelle J. McMartin said...

Oh, I just have to say that in the "before" picture Jon has such a classic Newsham expression on his face. = )

Annie Goodale said...

looks good! Nice job!

The Newsham's said...

Grace: Thanks I didn't think it would come out looking that good.

Lisa: That is a weird memory, but I suppose where we are involved you have several weird memories.

Wendy: I remember the long hair too, but Texas is WAY to hot for that. We miss you too.... See More

Michelle: He does look like G.I. Jane, but I don't know if he wants to hear that. He was great because he just let me go at his hair however I wanted! And it is a classic Newsham expression on his face.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...