Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving and Christmas Trees

Being in Texas, so far away from our family and friends throughout the holiday season has been difficult. However, God is
providing us with people to love us and make us feel at home. The first good thing about Thanksgiving and everything closing for a day is that we were able to sleep in and get some well needed rest. There are only three weeks left in the semester so things are busy for us. Any chance that we get to sleep-in a little we take it and are thankful.



For Thanksgiving we went to Jon's professor's house around 12:30pm. His professor (Mr. B) and his wife make a huge Thanksgiving meal for all of the LeTourneau students we are unable to go home. There were about 27 of us there. Most of them were guys and most of them are aviation students. We ate and talked (a lot). Jon and I even played cards with another couple there. We played hearts, spades, and euker (a new game we have never played before). We have so much fun!! We finally went home around 7:00pm, because we wanted to be able to decorate our Christmas tree before our busy work weekend. Jon has to work all day Friday and Saturday, and I have to work quite a bit as well.

This was our first Christmas tree to buy and decorate together!! This is our third Christmas together, but we are still just as



excited as if it were our first!! I have added serval pictures to show the decorating process. Jon and I do not have a lot, but



we think is looks GREAT!! And in case you were wondering it is fake, becuase I (Jen) can't have a real Christmas tree in the



house with me, it bothers my allergies too much. But for just us..and Michelle...and maybe Jon's family, in this little
apartment is works well for us.



We love you all and hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!! We miss you and hope that we get to talk to you sometime soon!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

The tree is gorgeous! Nice job. In a way it kinda is like your first Christmas because it's your first Christmas doing your own thing as a married couple. I am so spoiled, I can't believe I actually get to spend Christmas with you two! I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. I love you both!

Toni said...

The tree looks gorgeous! I'm so happy for you guys and am always praying. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...